Revdanda Fort is located at the mouth of the confluece of Kundalika River with the sea. This fort was built by Portuguese Capt. Soj and completed in 1524. It was in the control of Portuguese till 1806 when it was captured by Marathas. Finally it was captured by British in 1818. Revdanda fort was built right by the sea and the western fort walls are on the beach. The beach near Revdanda fort is worth a visit which almost always remains deserted especially during weekdays.
At a distance of 5 km from Korlai and 15 km from Kashid, Revdanda Fort is an ancient Portuguese fort located as the name suggests in Revdanda. The confluence of Kundalika river and the sea is very close to the Revdanda Fort.
The entire fortification of Revdanda fort has two main doors one from north and the other from south. the northern gate was for land connection and the southern gate was used as a passage to the sea. This route opens to the main sea through the Revdanda creek. Portuguese built a dock over here which has become non-existent over time. The north and south gate is connected directly by a long road made of stones. Now, only the western part of the Revdanda fort has some relics of the old fort. The remaining portion has eventually become part of the Revdanda village with houses and patches of farmland.
Revdanda fort has a 4 storey tower and a couple of cannons within its walls. Revdanda had a chapel where St Francis Xaviers delivered one of his first sermons in the Indian subcontinent. Revdanda was also the first place in India where Afanasy Nikitin, the first Russian traveller landed.