Padmadurg is one of the sea forts built by Sambhaji maharaj in 1676 in order to control the activities in Arabian sea. It is located in the northwest direction of the Janjira fort at a distance of about 500mts. The sea fort of Padmadurg is not as big as Janjira but still the fort can be visited and enjoyed. Visiting the fort requires taking permission from the Customs. As of now only the local fishermen in Murud access this fort. Padmadurg doesn't have a proper place to dock the boat and one should be careful while getting on and off the boat at Padmadurg.
Kasa fort or Padmadurg looks great from Janjira. When Shivaji decided o take on the Siddis of Janjira, his admiral, Daulat Khan, built this fort on an island next to Janjira. The rock, on which the fort was built, was called Kasa and the fort was named Padmadurg. The fort has six bastions, some of them devastated by gun attack from the famous kalal bangdi gun in Janjira. Kasa fort was soon overpowered by Siddis and used as a Jail.